Transport Manager Refresher
“TMS SHOULD POSSESS HIGH-QUALITY, PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE TO DO THEIR JOBS EFFECTIVELY”
– Office of the Traffic Commissioner 2019
The excerpt above is from a recent press release from the office of the Traffic Commissioner. In their view, it is imperative that Transport Managers undertake regular “continual professional development” (CPD) to enable them to carry out their role effectively.
Although there is no set frequency for this CPD, it is expected that some form of refresher training is taken every 5 years at a minimum. The Traffic Commissioner will request a minimum two day CPC Refresher course if;
– If you have not acted as a TM for 5 years,
– Your CPC qualification is over 10 years old
– Anyone who wishes to update their transport legislation to the latest standards
– Operators who are required to complete refresher training at the direction of a Traffic Commissioner
Yorkshire Driver Training is an approved exam centre offering the Transport Manager CPC. The certificate gained from this course is proof that you have carried out suitable refresher training.
Our two-day courses cost £295 (+ VAT).
CPC Refresher for Road Haulage
Our Two Day course covers:
Digital Tachograph Use
Planned Preventative Maintenance
Mechanical Conditions (plating)
Weights & Dimensions
Safe Vehicle Loading