Driver Training

Cat C (class 2 )

Category C driving licences are the most commonly acquired LGV licence in the UK. You could call it the ‘entry-level’ truck licence, as you will need this first if you wish to progress onto the larger, articulated C+E vehicles. The Category C licence entitles the holder to drive any rigid vehicle weighing over 7.5 tons, which accounts for a huge proportion of the UK’s current LGV fleet. When you gain this licence you also gain Category C1, which covers rigid vehicles between 3.5 and 7.5 tons in weight. Essentially, once you have this licence, you can drive any rigid vehicle of any size or weight which gives you a huge range of options when it comes to starting a new career.

Cat CE ( class 1)

What does C+E mean?

Well the answer to this question is fairly straightforward really, basically the LGV C and E test was originally known as HGV class 1, which allows drivers to be able to drive any rigid vehicle and a trailer over 750kg with a combined weight of 44 tonnes (truck and trailer). If you successfully pass the LGV C and E test you will be able to drive articulated lorries which are also known as artics and also trucks that have a drawbar trailer.

In order to attend the HGV C+E training courses, you must have first passed your Category C (Rigid Lorry) LGV test. You must ensure that you have Category C+E provisional entitlement stated on your driving licence.

Have a question about a course or module? Get in touch.

14 + 10 =

Dive straight into the feedback!
Login below and you can start commenting using your own user instantly